To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Winter Birthday

Hello, my dear friends! I hope you're having a wonderful week. :o)

With the busy-bee days leading up to Christmas, it's not often I get cards made for December birthdays. (The shame!) I was determined this year, so I carved out some time to make a wintry birthday card. :o)
This precious Wee Stamps image is called Friendship is the Greatest Gift, available in rubber and digi. I've colored the sweet friends with my Copics, adding Glamour Dust, Star Dust, and Polar White Flower Soft to certain areas. There's a significant amount of Glamour Dust throughout the card, but I fear I didn't capture that well in the photographs. It's so twinkly in person! :o) I colored all of the berries purple and sparkly to make them sugar plums. :o) The image is layered atop a Spellbinders Picot Edge Circle.

The papers are from Recollections' Le Ballet paper pad, which is a personal favorite. I love the purples and greens. The sweet Heart Banner is from La La Land Crafts, which I cut out with coordinating paper atop a snowy white layer. All but one of the snowflakes are from Cheery Lynn Designs, which are covered in Glamour Dust and centered with a rhinestone. The largest snowflake is from the Silhouette Online Store.

I wanted to send some flowers to the birthday girl, so I turned to my favorite Pink Mist roses from Wild Orchid Crafts. A few of them center snowflakes for wintry delight, including the one securing my sentiment from Pink Gem Designs' Vintage Occasion Sentiment set. The flower arrangement rests atop a Cheery Lynn Mini Fanciful Flourish and a couple fluttering snowflakes.

A peek at the snowy interior:
It felt strange making a non-Christmas project! ;) Thank you for fluttering on by! I wish you a day of sunshine and festive treats. :o)

Challenges entered:
 *7 Kids College Fund~ Anything Goes (Image and 3 dies available at 7 Kids)
 *613 Avenue Create~ Anything Goes (Optional: Calendar)
 *A Gem of a Challenge~ Anything Goes
 *Allsorts~ Anything but Christmas
 *Card Crafter's Circle~ Celebrations
 *Craft Your Passion~ Let It Snow
 *Crafty Catz~ Use 2 or More Dies (I used 5!)
 *Fussy and Fancy~ Hearts
 *Make It Monday~ Anything Goes
 *Pile It On~ P is for... (Purple, Pink, Present)
 *Stamp and Create~ Anything Goes


22 comments:

  1. What a precious birthday card, love that is has still a wintery effect along with this cute image....Love all the sparkly's and the different dies you used. It's just as perfect like all your other creations... You always put such great touches to what ever you create. Awesome card Karen...
    Are you having some sweet Saturday's, miss seeing your delish showcasing of those yummies you make....Enjoy your wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, Oh what a beauiful card and the lady will totally be in love with it ....its stunning beautifully coloured image and lots of lovely embellishemts added too! lots of attention to detail Karen as always your so talented enjoy the rest of the week take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Karen. The image is so delightful, your colouring is wonderful and those papers are gorgeous. As always, your embellishments are so beautifully arranged and well coordinated. I love how you have centred some of the snowflakes with flowers.
    I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your lovely kind comments on my blog, your friendship means so much and I feel truly honoured to know you.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is stunning! Beautifully designed and colored! Love your color combo. Thanks for joining us at www.7kidscollegefund.com.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, my sweetest friend, this is absolutely stunning!! Wow, what a gorgeous card!! I love the dies you used!! That heart banner is beautiful!! And oh wow, are the flowers gorgeous!! But that image just draws me in!! It is simply fabulous and colored perfectly!! I know that when I stop by I am going to be wowed and I always am!! This is another masterpiece in a long, long line of them!! I absolutely adore this!! It's extraordinary!!

    Have a wonderful, happy evening my dear friend!! I'm still saying prayers of thanks!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just delightful - love the little bunting with the heart punched out - thanks so much for joining us this week at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card. I love the colours and the sweet image. Your detailing is fabulous. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karen,
    What an amazing card! The papers are so beautiful and wow, look at that sweet image! My heart totally melt~two peas in a pod! I love it and you colored them just beautifully! You always choose just the right elements, embellishments for your gorgeous cards. I love the whimsical feel to it! Another beauty my friend:)
    THanks so much for the get well wishes. I am hoping tomorrow I will be back to 100%. I have my fingers crossed. Not time to be sick, ugh! Just to much to do!
    Hugs,
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen This Is So Beautiful Thanks For Sharing At Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love the colors. Thanks for "celebrating" with us at Card Crafter's Circle this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Karen this is just LOVELY!! Your colouring...your colour combination and all of your lovely layers...BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me again!!! Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy "Hearts"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness - this is stunning! The recipient is sure to cry with joy when they receive this! I love the papers/embellishments and just pure elegance of this card. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a gorgeous project love the use of all the different dies and the
    colour scheme Thankyou for joining in my Challenge at Allsorts this week. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is the perfect image for a December birthday. Your card is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card, Karen! I love the heart banner, snowflakes, and flowers! The image is adorable too! Love it! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and colours. This is a birthday card and gift in itself.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely beautiful! I love the image and the pink roses. Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Create. Amy A., DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us at 7kids college fund!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card!! Thanks so much for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  21. A stunning creation, just gorgeous in every way...thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on your Top Five win at Fussy and Fancy "Hearts"...your details and colouring were just wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips