To pin my projects to Pinterest, hover over the picture and a Pin-it Button will magically appear.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Sentiment-Focused at My Craft Spot!

Happy December, my sweet friends! I hope you had a sparkly weekend. :o)

Today begins a fun new challenge at My Craft Spot! This week we want to see creations featuring a sentiment as the focal point. With so many gorgeous stamp sets available, the hardest part is choosing one to design around. :o)

I still have several Christmas blessings to make for charity and my loved ones, so I used this challenge to showcase one of my favorite sentiments from Kimberly's newest release. :o)
Doesn't this greeting fill the heart with joy? It is from the O Holy Night stamp set, which I adore! It so beautifully celebrates the true meaning of Christmas. ♥
I framed the heavenly words with snowflake flourishes from Kimberly's Ornate Labels- Christmas stamp set. The lovely papers are from Pion Design's Silent Night collection, which I've been saving for this perfect sentiment. The heartwarming scene is surrounded in nature's beauty, courtesy of stunning flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.

Pretty crinkle ribbon in Light Denim lies atop a layer of wide lace from The Ribbon Girl. The bow is centered with a Wild Orchid Crafts scalloped pearl and I tucked several Cheery Lynn Mini Fanciful Flourishes (right and left) into my flowers.
A little closer in on the bottom blue paper to better show the pretty snowflakes, which are centered with tiny pearls. The heart pearl and metal filigree corner are also from WOC, while my card base was created with Cheery Lynn's Horizon Square Boutique Stacker Frames. The central focal point is cut out with a Spellbinders Standard Circle (small) and layered upon a Picot Edge Circle.
Thank you for fluttering on by today! I wish you a day of love and joy. :o)

Challenges entered:
 *Cheery Lynn Designs~ Tis the Season
 *Christmas Card Challenges~ Anything Goes
 *Moving Along with the Times~ Inspired by a Song (O Holy Night)
 *Simon Wednesday Challenge~ Anything Goes
 *SweetStamps~ Christmas Spirit
 *Through the Purple Haze~ All About Christmas

26 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card, Karen! I wish my flowers looked so nice. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! Karen you've done it yet again! This is beautiful.... I LOVE all the pretty flowers surrounding your sentiment which is equally lovely! The beautiful lacey ribbon... & flourishes around the frame.... LOVE it! LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So amazing, Karen! This lovely card makes for the perfect Christmas card! Wonderful scene with Jesus, Mary, and Joseph! Sweet angels in top corner and ll the delicate die cuts! Love this gorgeous card...so delicate and beautiful! Have a wonderful week! Blessings to you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, your card is stunning, love that blue. Don't you just love the Horizon frames? Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Karen, this is just absolutely stunning! What a beautiful sentiment and yes it should be the focal image! This is super amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, my sweetest friend, my jaw dropped when I saw this!! I absolutely love the gorgeous scene with Jesus, Mary and Joseph...it's perfect with the sentiment (one of my favorites, too!!) The angels on top are just perfect!! The flowers look amazing framing the scene!! Oh wow, I just love, love everything about this!! It's simply stunning!! I hope you are having a wonderful day my dear friend!! Thinking of you and sending positive vibes!! Hugest hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Karen and elegant is your card the background scene is just so beautiful and the elements used are stunning you know just how to dress your creations and this is another of them truly one talented crafter and thank you for your lovely comments you place on my blog yours truly one special blogging friend take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning Karen. They are the perfect papers to go with such a special sentiment. I love the added snowflake flourishes, such pretty flowers and detailing all arranged so beautifully.
    Another truly inspiring creation by you my kind and talented friend.
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is THE perfect Christmas card, Karen! Love all the blues you used, and yes, that sentiment is wonderful, as is the paper. What a special card; thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love your card Karen. Your colour choice and design is so elegant. The sentiment is so nice too. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a precious creation! I simply love the clusters of gorgeous flowers! The frame for the sentiment is stunning! All of the mixed media you used looks absolutely amazing! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card. That is quite possibly one of my favorite carols. I love the little bits of lace and such that you have tucked here and there! Thank you for joining Cheery Lynn Challenges! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaaw Karen, this is SO beautiful! I adore the papers you used and the sentiment is so fitting and such a powerful sentiment and truly does celebrate the meaning of Christmas. All the details are so amazing my friend and who ever receives it will feel the love~so GORGEOUS!
    Have a great week:)
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are blessed with paper craft talent .This card is exquisite .From sentiment to embellishing totally amazing . Thanks for sharing on Christmas Card Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card. Love the blue and the sentiment.
    Thanks for joining us.
    TTPH DT Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karen
    I am so in love with the card base. Its Stunning & so ELEGANT!! I don't think that I have ever seen such a beautiful paper like that. Its so perfect for the beautiful sentiment!!! And yes it does celebrate the true meaning of Christmas!!! The details of the ribbon, peals and Cheery Lynn Mini Fanciful Flourishes cuts just gives it an extra touch of BEAUTY!!! Simply Beautiful!!!
    Sending you TONS of my love, hugs & smiles and extra love...
    Have a wonderful day my angelic friend,
    Miliie
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful card, love the beautiful colours and layout, really lovely. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful...Love all the beautiful layers of flowers..Love that paper too and gorgeous sentiment. Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such an incredibly gorgeous card! I love the card base! It is so intricate and beautiful. Those teeny tiny pearls you added to the snowflakes are just the sweetest! Lovely card Karen and the sentiment as the focus is just perfection! I love the flowers too :) Hope you have an wonderful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous, gorgeous and more gorgeousness Karen! Love that fancy shaped base and the soft blues and tans are so perfect for the serenity of the image! The filigree corner is a beautiful embellishment and your flowers are arranged perfectly! Another stunning creation from a talented lady! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely beautiful I love it

    Jacqui DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful! Absolutely stunning! I can't tell you enough how much I love this card. the soft beige with the soft blue is sooo beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful card - luscious layout, details, and colors - just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a fabulous design! Thanks so much for sharing here at TTPH Challenge!
    Dangina TTPH DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the soft colors- the gorgeous flowers and LOVE this sentiment- gorgeousness!!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love! Have a beautifully blessed day. :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips